The INFANT JESUS SCHOOL situated at the heart of Mavelikara, run by MISSIONARY SISTERS OF ST. THERESE (MSST) OF INFANT JESUS, was founded by a great visionary and educationalist His Excellency Most. Rev. Dr. Jerome M. Fernandez, Bishop of Quilon. By the innumerable blessings of Heavenly Father showered through the intercession of our Patroness and Founder, the devoted sisters could successfully overcome a myriad of initial difficulties with unflinching devotion to all original mission.
In retrospect, the humble beginning of the IJS in 1970, with a few students and the minimum of facilities then, stands in stark contrast with its present stature and standing among the institutions of its kind. An exclusively English Medium School, IJS is celebrating its Ruby Jubilee on completing 4 decades, of glorious service and is setting new standards in the education of children in the 21st century.
It caters to the education of around 1800 students from Play Class to Classes X and XII affiliated to ICSE and ISC Boards, New Delhi. Its academic excellence is great with annual results of 100% in board examinations. The excellence of its students has its source in a highly motivating, encouraging and nurturing environment. Such an atmosphere engenders a climate of success, in which ordinary children accomplish extraordinary achievement.
The school has qualified and well experienced faculty, excellent infrastructure, well equipped laboratories and well established library.
In co-curricular activities too, the institution has made its presence felt. This is reflected in the achievement by its students in all fields of creative activities.